Learn More About Popular Plaforms
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce, an E-Commerce extension for WordPress, allows you to sell any product online. Although it may not be suitable for every business, WooCommerce can be used in place of PayPal purchase buttons to allow you to sell products with more advanced checkout features and account management.
- Catalog Management
- Optional integration of real-time payments
- Multiple images of the products
- Search engine optimization (SEO) friendly
- URLs customized
- Notifications by email
- Shipping discounts, shipping by weight or price, optional real-time ship rating integration via USPS, FedEx, and UPS
- Analytics Integrations
WooCommerce is a combination of the power of the most popular E-Commerce products and the elegance and simplicity that comes with a WordPress installation. You can:
- Manage Products
- Optional Product Ratings
- Optional Product User Comments
- Manage your Orders
- Use Coupons and Sales Management
- Manage users
- Manages taxes
- Shipment Options
- Multiple Checkout Options
- Shop Statistics
This powerful tool can do so much, and all you have to do is update your WordPress installation.
You can add physical, virtual, or downloadable products to your product list. You can add a description, price, sales price (and optionally sale start and end dates), product dimensions and weight, and shipping class to all products. You have the option to group similar products together or add variations to your product (such as color or size). External products can also be linked to your website. This means that you can list the product information and the product on your site, but the user will be redirected to the seller’s website or affiliate website when they click to purchase the product.
WooCommerce offers a few features that allow you to ship and pay taxes. These are the built-in shipping options:
- Flat rate – You can set one price for shipping each product.
- Free Delivery – This option can be set as an option or disabled if the price exceeds a certain threshold.
- International Shipping You can choose to set a flat shipping or handling cost. Also, you can specify if the cost will be added per item or for an entire cart.
- Local Pickup & Delivery – With local delivery, you can set a flat fee and receive free local pick-up.
- FedEx, UPS, and Other We can also implement other shipping methods, so let us know if you’d like to use another shipping method!
There are many levels of taxes you can set. You can tax Missouri at a rate of 5% and the entire state at 5%. However, the local tax in St. Louis is only 2%. These tax structures can be layered to achieve complex or optimal taxing arrangements. You can choose from three tax classes as your default.
- The Rate
- Lower Rate
- Zero Rate
WooCommerce can be set to not tax purchases (in the case of wholesalers, for example).
View Statistics and Orders
When a user completes the checkout process, the order is added to the Orders section. Here you can view, modify, add notes and signify that the order was completed, pending, or canceled. Once an order has been processed, it is added to the statistics. Similar to Google Analytics, you’ll be presented with a monthly chart that will display sales, product stock, customers, and other information. Combining that with Google Analytics, you will have a powerful stat tool.
This is just a small overview of WooCommerce’s capabilities. Get in touch with us if you have any questions or aren’t sure if WooCommerce is right for your business.